NIRAS Natura AB is looking for a manager within natural resource management and rural development
NIRAS Natura AB is a consultancy company, part of the NIRAS International Consulting, working with donor-financed international development projects mainly within the environment and natural resources sectors. They work extensively with institutional strengthening, governance, and capacity development.
Since January 2014 NIRAS is involved in seven EU Framework contracts. NIRAS is the Lead Company in the EU Framework for Rural Development and Food Security (lot 1) and partner in six other EU Framework consortia; Transport and Infrastructures (lot 2), Environment (lot 6), Governance (lot 7), Trade, Standards and Private Sector (lot 10) and Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management and Post-Crisis Assistance(lot 12).
To strengthen NIRAS capacity to manage requests from all these Lots NIRAS are now looking for an Framework Contract Project Manager with the following main tasks:
- Study and analyze the Request for Proposals (RfS)
- Draft budget based on the RfS
- CV search, selection, evaluation, formatting and editing
- Fee negotiations with experts
- Identify and contact relevant in-house resource persons to be involved in the offer and/or future assignment
- Securing the organisation and methodology for the assignment in cooperation with selected team members and relevant in-house staff
- Prepare and put together the offer
Project Management and Administration
- Contract negotiations with experts
- Communication with Delegations/contracting authority
- Mobilisation of team
- Continuous follow-up of project progress
- QA of project reports
- Approval of invoices from the experts for payment
- QA and approval of invoice for the delegations/contracting authority
- Drafting, updating and improving references from the FWC projects
- Contact with potential experts
NIRAS are looking for a person with strong organizational skills, who is market oriented and has interest in a wide range of topics. The position requires a high level of flexibility and ability to work independently and efficiently under time pressure, with periodically high workloads.
Qualifications, experiences and skills :
- Excellent level of spoken and written English. Additional languages, especially French, is an added advantage.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Academic degree in a relevant field, preferably related to natural resources; forestry, agriculture, rural development etc.
- Experience of working with/in international development projects
- Capacity to deliver in time and work under time pressure
Programme Manager/Consultant, NIRAS Natura AB
Visiting address: Fleminggatan 14, floor 9
Mail address: NIRAS Natura AB, Box 70375, 107 24 Stockholm, Sweden.
Telephone +46 8 545 533 32
Photo: John Foxx