A short-term consultant_FAO FLEGT Programme_Phase II Close-out
Programme management is seeking a consultant to support the lessons learning process in the coming months by reviewing and analysing results of project activities and outputs during Phase II, updating the programme monitoring & reporting system as well as contributing to improved visibility and communication of the programme.
The short-term consultancy with the FAO FLEGT Programme is based in the Rome, Italy office. The aim is to assist with the close-out of the Phase II projects.
- Develop an outline of work, illustrating the way information will be gathered and structured based on discussions with the FAO FLEGT Team
- Analyze information from the programme documents at disposal of the consultant and generate quantifyable data reflecting the programmes support during phase II in agreed categories (e.g. kind of support provided, stakeholders, thematic areas) and releative to the outputs of interventions.
- Catalogue outputs from projects within the reporting framework of the logical framework.
- Suggest a number of key projects per region and thematic area to be further assessed on their outcomes and lessons learned.
- Develop suggestions on how the programme can improve its visibility and communication, specifically regarding results of phase II, for instance through updating the programmes website and updating/generating other communication materials.
- Other support and needed and agreed with FLEGT programme manager.
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Up to 5 years’ experience in project management, monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent capacity to understand and analyze data
- Experience in working with international organizations;
- Good writing, presentation and communication skills;
- Fluent in English, working knowledge of French or Spanish a plus
Email cover letter and copy of curriculum vitae by 17:00 hours September 30th 2016 to: Cristiana Orlandi Cristiana.Orlandi@fao.org