The Canadian Embassy and SIFI are looking at the transformation processes
The forest sectors in both countries are and will go through intense transformations and these processes are involving different players. This project is the result of several years of collaboration between the Canadian Embassy and the Secretariat for International Forestry Issues (SIFI) at the Royal Swedish Academy of Agriculture and Forestry (KSLA). The aim is to illustrate processes of change thorugh
- The Canadian transformation process through the Biopathways project
- Investment needs to overcome the challenges of the sector
- Steering mechanism for innovation and research in Sweden
- Development of rural areas through the Swedish Forest Kingdom program
- Stakeholders’ collaboration through the Boreal agreement
- Different approaches to silviculture and outline existing collaborations
- Outlook of the boreal forest sector with respect to transformations
On May 28 a conference on KSLA highlighs these issues. Prior to this, we will have a dialogue with the Canadian delegation and the Swedish forestry sector. We will collect materials with examples of current collaboration projects. SIFI:s 8th newsletter follows up the project between Sweden and Canada by devoting the issue for the collaboration.
Avrim Lazar and Elisabeth Salander-Björklund video speech during session 2 at the conference Resources Unlimited? Brussel, October 2011.
Lessons learned from the Canadian Boreal Forest agreement: https://www.sifi.se/nyheter/lessons-learned-from-the-canadian-boreal-forest-agreement/
Parallels between Canadian and Swedish forest management: https://www.sifi.se/nyheter/parallels-between-canadian-and-swedish-forest-management/
Vision 2020 – CHARTING A BOLD AND INNOVATIVE FUTURE FOR CANADA’S FOREST PRODUCTS INDUSTRY: https://www.sifi.se/nyheter/vision-2020-charting-a-bold-and-innovative-future-for-canada%E2%80%99s-forest-products-industry/
Summary and presentations May 28: https://www.sifi.se/nyheter/the-transformation-of-the-canadian-forest-sector-and-swedish-experiences-2/
The forest sector’s status and opportunities from the perspective of an investor: https://www.sifi.se/nyheter/3354/